Our aim is to:
Encourage and support community, linguistic and economic development for public benefit and create sustainable communities that are naturally bilingual and prosperous.
We operate in an area that extends from Llanybydder to Newcastle Emlyn, to Carmarthen, St Clears and Whitland.
The Menter has been operational in the current format since 2007 when Menter Taf Myrddin and Menter Bro Teifi were amalgamated to form one entity across the area. Whilst the head office is located in Newcastle Emlyn, the Menter has a second office in Carmarthen and we operate as part of a network of Mentrau Iaith (Language Initiatives) across Wales.
We hold linguistic activities and events to:
- Encourage more families to use the Welsh Language
- Get more young people to communicate through the medium of Welsh
- Encourage more people to use the Welsh Language in the community
We implement community development projects to:
- Introduce the latest technologies and computer equipment to local residents through purposeful demonstrations by integrating the older generation and nervous, less experienced individuals, into the modern world of communication
- Assist communities to implement projects that plug the gaps and have access to services and social inclusion in the rural areas of Carmarthenshire
- Increase the frequency of arts and cultural events and to improve the capacity of community groups to implement successful and sustainable events through the medium of Welsh in the rural areas of Carmarthenshire.